SOLVED - I hope! was: Re: Repeated failure of install of Jessie

On Friday 08 April 2016 18:03:00 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Friday 08 April 2016 17:50:13 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Thursday 31 March 2016 18:24:35 Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >
> > So:  my mouse doesn't work, although it had been working initially, the
> > sound doesn't work.  But Debian installed this time.  It would be nice if
> > it were usable!!
>
> Having re-read Henrique's email I think the next thing to do tomorrow is
> try another kernel.
>
> Lisi

Right.  Have installed 4.4.6.  I appear to have a working computer!!!!

Thanks to all, especially Steve and Henrique.  I'll flash the BIOS when I see
another version of the firmware available, but meanwhile all seems great -
though I obviously don't know yet how stable.  Even sound is now working!!

The solution in this case:
Skylake i5 with Giga-Byte GA-H110M-S2H, DDR4 version.
re-flash BIOS
Install backported kernel.

Now running Jessie with TDE 14.0.3.

If I could do so without waking my husband (it is 3:20 a.m. in my timezone)
and upsetting my hips I would dance a jig. :-))

Lisi