Re: Choppy video on Youtube

On 04/07/2016 01:12 PM, Felix Miata wrote:

If you'd like to continue with Firefox, turning off hardware acceleration might help. This was fixed upstream quite some time ago, but maybe that problem has returned.

Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> General tab -> Browsing section -> unselect "Use hardware acceleration when available".

Unfortunately this didn't help -- the problem is still there in Firefox. What's also interesting is that I observed in System Monitor that, with Chromium, the usage of my four CPUs is evidently much more balanced than with Firefox -- with Chromium, the line graph showing the four lines looks like a bunch of wires tightly wrapped together... whereas with Firefox, the graph looks basically like spaghetti, with the wires very loosely organized.

Harris