Re: Failure to install request-tracker4 in Jessie Newest

There is a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ but only have a chrome.txt or something like that in there.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Christian Seiler <christian@iwakd.de> wrote:
On 04/06/2016 10:12 PM, John T. Haggerty wrote:
> I would like to get request tracker working but the main package fails to
> install. I am getting the following errors: [...]
>
>  request-tracker4 : Depends: libhtml-mason-perl (>= 1:1.43) which is a
> virtual package.

libhtml-mason-perl is not actually a virtual package - and the only
way APT would think that is if you don't have an APT source that
includes it, but you do have another APT source that references it.

Since the current version of request-tracker4 is available in both
the main Debian archive as well as the security repository (because
of a security update from last August, see DSA 3335-1), my suspicion
is that you _only_ have the security archive enabled in your
sources.list _or_ the download of the main sources.list failed for
some reason.

Therefore, answers to the following questions will allow us to figure
out what is wrong on your system:

 - what is your /etc/apt/sources.list?
   (Also, are there files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d?)
 - what happens if you do "apt-get update" or "apt update" or
   "aptitude update"?

Regards,
Christian

--
"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of 10 million is a statistic" -- Joseph Stalin

"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit"
(Translation:
Everything changes, nothing is lost.)
-- Ovid, _Metamorphoses_