Re: Disk too full?

On 2016-04-05 15:29 -0500, Charles Blair wrote:

>    Many thanks for all the assistance!
>
>    My apologies for hitting the panic button over
> dc waiting for me to type in some numbers, which is,
> of course, what it is supposed to do.
>
>    There were several other questions from my
> would-be helpers, but for now:
>
>    Output from df -h
>
> Filesystem                   Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> rootfs                       323M  189M  117M  62% /

This is the problem.  The root filesystem is too small, so you will not
be able to install or upgrade a Debian kernel.  This is a bug[1] in the
automatic partitioner that only got fixed in Jessie.

There's no easy way out here, my choice would probably be to make a
backup and repartition the disk.

Cheers,
       Sven

1. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=693107