caps on jessie breaks kodi from backports, works with wheezy package

Hi all,

recently upgraded my media center/file server from wheezy to jessie,
went quite well apart from one thing:
I installed kodi 15.2 from jessie-backports and that (as well as other
programs depending on caps) throw an error

"Unable to find label "Eq" in plugin library file "/usr/lib/ladspa/caps.so".

Seems the same as this:

bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=722143

but the bug is archived, so I'd assuem it's fixed, apparently isn't.
For now I installed the 0.4.2 package from wheezy which happens to wrk but is
not a good solution.
From what I read a patch is in unstable, but what about stable and backports
then?

Cheers