Re: Disable knotify sounds using xfce

On 04/02/2016 04:28 AM, Lucio Crusca wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I use Xfce, but I also like having a few KDE apps installed (namely,
> k3b, konquest and a few others, but the problem here pertains to knotify
> in general). I haven't the full KDE desktop and I don't want it. I'm on
> a up-to-date stretch/sid amd64. When playing konquest, for example, each
> time a dialog pops up, knotify plays a sound regardless of my sound
> volume settings (worse, it raises the sound volume).

> How do I tell KDE apps to avoid playing sounds on notifications?

Running xfce on jessie, I solved that annoyance by moving the offending
sound file out of the way.  In my case,
/usr/share/sounds/KDE-Sys-Warning.ogg would blast from the speakers when
akregator (RSS reader) came across an expired site certificate.

You could do something similar, or change permissions, for the whole kde
sound file directory.  A more proper method may exist, but simple works
fine.

Regards,
Ralph