Re: bug reporting and packages

On 4/4/16, Alan Fujinami <afujinami@ymail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was going to use the bugreport feature of my Debian 8.3 install... it say
> if I don't know the package then I should contact you...
> my bug is that I have a ps2mouse. Whenever the computer goes into
> screensaver mode, the mouse icon disappears. I have to reboot to bring it
> back. I tried modprobe and a few other things to no avail.
> So what package is affected?
> alan

While you're waiting for others to respond, how many PS/2 ports do you
have? If there's more than one, can you take a quick peek and make
sure you're actually plugged into the mouse port and not the keyboard
one?

That option came up as a fix on a recent Debian-User thread.
Additionally, I also experienced that a few years ago. In those
instances, the mouse would function seemingly normal for a while and
then would eventually glitch to where nothing short of a reboot would
fix things.

Just out of curiosity, too, how much memory do you have? Occasionally
memory (or the lack of it) plays a part in glitches related to paths
that head towards hibernate, suspend, etc.

A PS to it is this is a good trigger for learning the keyboard
shortcuts necessary for at least getting to "Log Out" and/or "Settings
> Mouse and Touchpad" under the Applications menu. ALT+F1 works for
me, grin.

Just thinking out loud.. :)

Cindy :)

--