Re: running Linux without display

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016, John Hasler wrote:

Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 11:03:06
From: John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: running Linux without display

Jude DaShiell writes:
The machine taking the install has good memory and its video connector
is one for which I have no cable now.  I normally hit s at the boot
prompt and do a debian install that way first that way I'm assured of
a good command line installation no matter what happens with the
graphical user interface environment.

Then you should be able to install a dummy X server from your
command-line environment and then install your desktop environment.  Is
the problem that you can't get the command-line install to work?

The command line install works with ethernet and not yet with wifi. I tried a firmware iso and when I got to the network install I got asked if I had broadcom drivers on another disk. Maybe those couldn't be included in the firmware iso but if they are on that iso, the installer acted like those were not available. I can run ethernet to download and install missing drivers and an Xdumy package and that should get me going.