Re: running Linux without display

I have yet to try xfce since accessibility support from what I've read to date is very immature compared to mate and gnome possibly as poor as kde. I have spare hard drives and can try this out and will find out what happens with xfce a little later this weekend. I'm running computers not servers on my end so due to technology differences beyond expanded memory I would suspect server experience to be different than is the case on computers. How is xfce with memory compared to mate?

On Fri, 1 Apr 2016, jdd wrote:

Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 14:19:57
From: jdd <jdd@dodin.org>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: running Linux without display

Le 01/04/2016 17:14, Jude DaShiell a ?crit :
Have you tried installing using orca and when finished how far did you
get when you booted into your newly installed system for the first time?

I usually make a minimal install and then install only what is necessary, most often xfce. It's often very difficult to completely avoid any X, and X forwarding is convenient

jdd