Re: Does anyone know how to configure a Brother MFC-J5720DW with cups?

On Saturday 12 March 2016 07:46:08 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Saturday 12 March 2016 07:50:49 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > So. Now I'll bite off my tongue and take my ball with me. I'm off
> > this thread. I can't bear the overall animosity and poking of
> > fun at those who try to put some effort into avoiding binary
> > blobs. It reminds me of the poking at vegetarians "now are snails
> > vegetables or not?". I thought I left that behind in my teens.
>
> And the Everything Free brigade is so pleasant to anyone who wants to
> use binary blobs??  I was nearly lynched for wanting to use something
> from the non-free repository.
>
> Why can't we all live and let live?  And all I have seen in this
> thread is people not comprehending.  No-one being unpleasant and
> castigating.
>
> I have a ball if anyone would like it. ;-)
>
> Lisi

I've been in that box, watching them tie knots on ropes too.  But at the
end of the day, I only outlaw one driver blob, the nvidia. It locks out
the IRQ's for extended periods of time and can, because of that, do
serious damage to parts being CNC machined.  The nouveau driver doesn't
resort to that, and works fine, for what I want to do.  So for me, the
nvidia driver and its being married to a specific kernel, causes way
more problems than it solves.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)