Re: GNOME 3, how do you ensure windows are grouped in the dash?

Hi Sven,

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 11:05:14AM +0100, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-03-09 at 09:18 +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> No surprise as gnome-terminal is well integrated with GNOME :)
>
> But xterm also have its windows grouped in the shell. Hmm...
>
> I examined the window hints set by xterm and urxvt (with xprop) and
> urxvt does not set WM_CLIENT_LEADER that the shell needs for grouping:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.lang.tcl/HQ479-XYwy8

The annoying thing is, if I start one urxvt and then open multiple
others from within it by typing urxvt inside it then all of them are
grouped. But if I start multiple urxvt from different .desktop
files, they are each separate. So I'm not sure that it actually
anything wrong with urxvt.

Cheers,
Andy