Re: Fonts appearing with evince but not okular

On Mon, 2016-03-07 at 21:24 -0500, Dylan Thurston wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On my Debian unstable system, I have a document which evince displays
> correctly, but for which okular does not display much of the
> text. This strikes me as odd, since (as I understand it) both
> ultimately use the poppler back end, correct?

They do, but Poppler itself have different backends. Evince uses the
cairo backend, Qt (and Okular) uses splash, so there might be
differences.

> 'gv' also displays the document correctly.
>
> Unfortunately I can't share the document, as it is my credit card
> bill. Below is the output from pdffonts and pdfinfo. Any guidance?
> How
> can I get sufficient info to file a bug?

Chase Bank?
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/512738-Problem-with-Okular-displaying-all-text-in-a-PDF

Probably worth filing a bug (preferably with upstream) even if you
can't provide the PDF.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson