Re: wireless not working in strech

Would you be willing to install Kalilinux? I installed KaliLinux2.0 on a system and was shocked when it not only found my ralink wireless adapter but was able to configure it and go out on the network and install updates during installation. You may also have similar luck using that version which is now on rolling release policy. I have never had any luck installing wireless devices in command line environment on Debian. One thing though about KaliLinux, it's a graphical user interface environment so if you don't like that kind of environment this won't be for you. I'm agnostic about graphical user interface environments but don't use them much for productivity until I can get confident about my ability to use their accessibility effectively. Your mileage probably will vary. If I recall http://kali.org is where you get it and it's a debian fork which is really interested in security.

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016, nice sw123 wrote:

Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 15:50:37
From: nice sw123 <nicesw123@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: wireless not working in strech

After an upgrade, wireless is no longer working in stretch.
(I was using a wireless adapter and needed package: firmware-realtek).

* network-manager does not show wireless

*
 sudo iwconfig
... shows wlx008733553eaa instead of wlan0

*
 dmesg
...shows "renamed from wlan0"

*
issung the command
 sudo ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules
changed the name back to "wlan0"

But wireless still does not show in network-manager.

What can one do?
Thanks.

n.