Re: Unsure which package is responsible for bug regarding VDPAU

	Hi.

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 17:46:02 +0100
V <vakevk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am unsure which package is responsible for my bug and
> https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting suggests writing this mail.
>
> A brief summary about the bug:
> Using VLC to play a video with the video output set to VDPAU freezes my
> whole system.
> The system is frozen as in displaying a freeze frame and not responding
> to any input. I can sometimes eventually restore it without rebooting by
> using SysRq to kill all processes which only works sometimes and after
> about 2 minutes of delay between me pressing the hotkey and visual feedback.
> I did not find anything suspicious in syslog or kernel.log.
> I am on Debian testing.
>
> Using dpkg --get-selections | grep vdpau showed me:
> mesa-vdpau-drivers

In such case mesa-vdpau-drivers would be definitely the package I'd
report bug against.

As a workaround I suggest replacing vlc with mpv.
At least "mpv -vo vdpau" fails for me with:

[vo/vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

And without hanging my system.

Reco