Re: Converting to Maildir (was: Re: Using an SSD with strictatime mount option)

On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 09:12:47 -1000
Joel Roth <joelz@pobox.com> wrote:

> Also is there any special meaning for the new, cur, other,
> queue and tmp folders that mb2md created?

Not sure about the others, cur, new and tmp are created in all
subdirectories by Courier IMAP, so presumably are relevant to it. New
contains mail which has not yet been touched, even enumerating the mail
moves it into cur(rent). I've never seen anything in a tmp yet.

Not that I spend much of my life snooping on my mail server's habits...

More Than You Wanted To Know (tm):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maildir

--
Joe