Re: NVIDIA GeForce problem

On 03/03/2016, Levi S. Darrell <levidarrell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get my NVIDIA video hardware to work properly with X. I am
> running Debian Testing, which I just installed a few days ago.

<snip>

Hello.

I have, some time ago, posted a series of messages, relating to a
problem where it took me two years to get a portable computer working
with a non-MS operating system.

As it was, I found only two non-MS operating systems to then have the
drivers for the intel i7 CPU; DragonflyBSD and Ubuntu Linux.

Of those, only Ubuntu had a driver that worked the nVIDIA graphics thing.

So, I am now using UbuntuMATE 15.10 on the system.

My suggestion to you, is to try (possibly first in live mode, rather
than installed) running Ubuntu on the system, and, finding how it
works, with the system hardware. I would suggest downloading a
UbuntuMATE 15.10 iso, and trying that, but, whilst my preference is
for the GNOME2 styled interface that I get with UbuntuMATE, others may
prefer different interfaces.

--

Bret Busby
Armadale