Re: ImageMagick (display) unable to load font

On 2016-03-02, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 01:09:54PM +0000, Curt wrote:
>>
>> Trying to run the 'display' command from ImageMagick without an argument
>> gives the following "error" (the app does not open at all):
>>
>> curty@einstein:~$ display
>> display.im6: unable to load font
>> `-microsoft-verdana-*-r-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*': Resource temporarily
>> unavailable @ error/xwindow.c/XBestFont/834.
>
> ImageMagick uses X resources. So perhaps try setting it either in your
> local ~/.Xdefaults or ~/.Xresources or in the system-global
> /etc/X11/app-defaults/ImageMagick something like
>
> ImageMagick:	<your font spec>
>
> Note: the "ImageMagick" at the start is just a (most probably wrong)
> guess. You can find our which class the thing thinks it is by running
> xprop and clicking on a window. The colon and TAB separator are
> important.

If I had window.  As I said, the app does not open at all.  No window to
click on. This is why I'm mentioning the message at all. If the
application opened and ran correctly I wouldn't be mentioning a little
message here. I only care about it because it seems related to a failure
of the application to run whatsoever.

Thanks for trying to help.

--
Hypertext--or should I say the ideology of hypertext?--is ultrademocratic and
so entirely in harmony with the demagogic appeals to cultural democracy that