Re: I Couldn't install geany-plugin-gdb in jessie.

	Hi.

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 16:21:31 +0800
EenyMeenyMinyMoa <eenymeenyminymoa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> refering to
>
> https://packages.debian.org/search?lang=en&suite=all&searchon=names&keywords=geany-plugin-gdb
>
> I added the line
> deb http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main
> to /etc/apt/sources.list, and apt-get updated,
> but I was not able to install geany-plugin-gdb.

And you should not be able to as most of geany plugins depend on exact
version of geany.

This:

> geany-plugin-gdb : Depends: geany-plugins-common (= 0.21.1.dfsg-4) but
> 1.24+dfsg-5 is to be installed

clearly shows us that you have installed geany from jessie, so the only
kind of plugins that fit your install are geany plugins from Jessie.

> What should I do?

Try installing 'geany-plugin-debugger' instead.

> And why isn't geany-plugin-gdb in the jessie repository?

My guess is that they simply renamed the package.

Reco