Problem upgrading libc6 on sid

I have an openvz container that I am having a hard time upgrading libc6. Whether I use dpkg -i, apt-get, or aptitude, I get the same result.

(Reading database ... 56136 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../archives/libc6_2.21-7_i386.deb ...
Checking for services that may need to be restarted...
Checking init scripts...

And then it hangs forever. All of the other containers on this machine have been upgraded. Suggestions on why this particular one one will not upgrade.

Suggestions?
--b