Re: python-wxgtk2.8 dependency issue on Jessie

On Mon, 2016-01-25 at 08:56 -0600, John Aten wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I consulted the Trelby mailing list on this, but haven't had a
> response. I think it might be a more Debian specific issue anyway. I
> tried to install the Trelby screenwriting software on Debian Jessie,
> following the instructions at linuxg.net:
>
> $ wget http://www.trelby.org/files/release/2.2/trelby_2.2_all.deb
> $ sudo dpkg -i trelby_2.2_all.deb
> $ sudo apt-get install -f
>
> It didn't work; the Trelby package installed, but I got an error that
> the python-wxgtk2.8 package was not available. I did some googling,
> and quickly got out of my depth. I suspect that this package is part
> of some other package that I could install with apt-get, but I was
> unable to find the name of the package if this is the case.
>
> Anybody encounter this before? Please advise!

Hi,

It's a problem with Trelby:
https://github.com/oskusalerma/trelby/commit/50c46f2249ca5b094c5e712a87
2e1dadbd8dfdfa

Looks like it was fixed, but no new package was built.

You might want to report a bug to the Trelby developer, and preferably
ask them to list the requirements for the package too. "Ubuntu/Debian"
doesn't tell you much.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson