Re: diagnose fcitx problem

On 1/10/16, Teng Zhang <zhangteng331@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello, i have installed fcitx , the output of ps indicates that it's
> running as a daemon, but i can't use the specified combination key to
> activate it. I don't know what's happening. What i wonder is that is there
> a tool to diagnose the fcitx on debian or is there a proper way to diagnose
> it manually.(I have seen the fcitx FAQ, but i can't fully understand it.And
> also, the Alt/Meta key works well in emacs. )

Hi.. I have no experience with that program, but it came to mind to me
to try this (command line) query:

apt-cache search fcitx

If you use a different package manager (e.g. aptitude or synaptic),
there's surely a similar(ly different) search feature. In my own query
just now, I saw 2 different configuration tools referenced. If you
haven't tried that angle yet, maybe you'll see something there that
*might* help while you wait for others to respond...

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* hm.. *