Re: gschem only partially works

On Sunday 10 January 2016 03:46:29 Chris Bannister wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 09, 2016 at 07:24:29PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I can see all that in synaptic to prove its there, and mc agree's,
> > but its in html and iceweasel has lost the ability to open a file on
> > a local filesystem.  No clue why as there sure should not be an ssl
> > problem on a local direct access disk.
>
> How are you trying to open the file?
> Don't type it into the address bar, but use the 'open file' from the
> file menu.

I did get it working, partially, after finding konqueror had its
own "defaults" table and html was set to hand it off to iceweasel.

So its working for local files now, and 2 of the 4 major stateside
network news sites.  And I threw away my "didn't win" powerball ticket.
No winner, estimated to be 1.3 Billion dollars by Wednesday. :)

I also managed to dl the pcb.pdf, but this has been so frustrating that
now I have to re-motivate myself to even try it.  ATM its less
frustration by about 10x, to just get in my West Virginia Cadillac* and
make the 55 mile round trip to take all the project boards they have off
the pegboard at the last surviving Radio Shack in these here parts. I
can and have, made 2 of these circuits on 1/2 of one of those already.
But my junk box parts choices left something to be desired. But I will,
by the end of this week, probably have a much improved parts stock,
there are yet some small hexfets, some 4pdt relay's and a 250 watt
bleeder resistor headed my way.

*a 99 GMC 3 door short box 4wd.  AKA Old Faithfull.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)