Re: FDisk Help

Sven:

On Thu, 7 Jan 2016 08:29:46 +0100, you wrote:

>/dev/sda5 to /dev/sda8 are logical partitions inside an extended
>partition. The extended partition is /dev/sda2.

How did you know that? sda6 isn't even a mounted filesystem--sda1, 5,
7 and 8 are the mounted filesystems for /, /tmp, /var, and /home
respectively. How did /dev/sda6 get in there? It shows as swap.

>Hint: try the tool "lsblk" to see where which filesystem resides.

NAME   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda      8:0    0 111.8G  0 disk
tqsda1   8:1    0   8.4G  0 part /
tqsda2   8:2    0     1K  0 part
tqsda5   8:5    0   2.8G  0 part /var
tqsda6   8:6    0  13.4G  0 part [SWAP]
tqsda7   8:7    0   380M  0 part /tmp
mqsda8   8:8    0  86.9G  0 part /home
sdb      8:16   0 232.9G  0 disk
sr0     11:0    1  1024M  0 rom

OK, I see /dev/sdb is the 250G disk which probably needs partitioning
and formatting. Thanks for the hint. Always learning these
single-purpose tools is one of the ! joys of Linux.