Re: Recommendations regarding using Debian Testing

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Francesco Ariis <fa-ml@ariis.it> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 11:02:20PM +0530, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
>> I want to use Debian Testing (not Backports, as I had a bad experience), to
>> try the latest version of software available.
>> However, I am a bit confused regarding whether testing would provide the
>> same level of stability as Stable does!
>> Any recommendations.
>
> Hello Himanshu,
> there is a great faq at
>
>     http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-choosing
>
> I myself use stable, even thought when I used unstable (not even testing)
> on armhf, I had almost zero problems.

This just made my day. I wrote those faqs (at least the initial
version) a long time ago. I used to maintain it on my personal webpage
which is now defunct. I am happy that it is being cited to this day.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog