Re: Updating Kernel

Hello,

Happy New year too.

My Dell Inspiron has the same chip and after multiple attempting upgrading the kernel (from 4.2) solves the sound. But if you want the best experience with acceleration with your display, you have to upgrade other packages like mesa, xserver-xorg-video-intel, libdrm, etc.

The best solution is to migrate your distribution to Stretch and leave Jessie. Result is perfect for me.

Have a nice day !