Re: Recommendations regarding using Debian Testing

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 23:02:20 +0530
Himanshu Shekhar <irm2015006@iiita.ac.in> wrote:

>I want to use Debian Testing (not Backports, as I had a bad experience), to
>try the latest version of software available.
>However, I am a bit confused regarding whether testing would provide the
>same level of stability as Stable does!
>Any recommendations.
>Thanks for help.
>
>Regards
>Himanshu Shekhar

No, it won't. Stable is called stable for a reason. Testing gets
updates from Unstable after changes have been in Unstable for a set
number of days. If you are using Testing and one of those changes
breaks something, it is possible it will take a few days to get it
fixed. Also, updates to Testing can be removed if found to break
things.

--
Charlie Kravetz
Linux Registered User Number 425914