Re: Audio and HDMI port not working on Jessie

On Monday 04 January 2016 12:15:09 Giuseppe Longo wrote:
> [   15.064330] [drm:radeon_pci_probe] *ERROR* radeon kernel
> modesetting for R600 or later requires firmware-linux-nonfree.
>

> I have no idea how to fix these issues,
> Please, any help and advice is appreciated.

First, install firmware-linux-nonfree.

Ensure that you have the contrib and non-free repositories enabled in your
sources list, then (or equivalent with your preferred package handler):

# aptitude update
# aptitude install firmware-linux-nonfree

I always install firmware-linux-free at the same time if it is not already
installed.

Everything might now be fine.  If not, reboot to restart everything.  If stil
not, come back again.

Lisi