Re: vivaldi?

On Sunday 03 January 2016 16:31:41 David Christensen wrote:

> On 01/03/2016 01:17 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Sunday 03 January 2016 15:43:51 David Christensen wrote:
> >>       browser-plugin-gnash
> >
> > This has been installed for quite some time, several months.
>
> Please provide an example URL that causes the annoyance.
>

> David

Well, slashdot can crash chrome just sitting there on the front page,
presumably when an attempt is made to load some off-my-screen bit of
slashdot.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/armed-militia-takeover-oregon-debate-meaning-of-terrorist/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-marshal-south-dakota-shoots-kills-south-carolina-murder-suspect/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-quiet-power-of-meditation/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/activists-target-gun-makers-with-unload-your-401k/
Thats 4 that give this:
Error 413 Request Entity Too Large, purported from the varnish cache
server, whatever the heck that is.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2016/01/isis-to-activate-thousands-of-sleeper-cells-in-2016-to-destabilize-the-west/
There I found a flash, tried to play it, clicked on the update now
button. it went thru the download of a 32 bit version in a tar.gz,
supposedly saving it in ~/Downloads. This is the only flash file in
Downloads:
-rw-r--r-- 1 gene gene    5979889 Aug 25  2013
flashplayer_11_sa.i386.tar.gz
I have unpacked it and installed it several times, no effect.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)