Re: vivaldi?

Gene writes:
> Yes, I have seen that requester many many times, but when I go to the
> adobe site like the suggested link goes to, the only version it offers
> me is exactly what I've had for ay least 2 years, the last one afer
> which they stated that no new linux compatibles would be released, that
> was the last one.

> Can you explain that?

You should know better than to do what Adobe tells you (the alert is
coming from the Adobe server software at the site you are accessing.  It
has nothing to do with Firefox).  Get rid of anything you got directly
from Adobe.  Install the flashplugin-nonfree package.  When you get that
"alert" run "update-flashplugin-nonfree --install".  Adobe is not
releasing new versions for Linux but they are patching security bugs.

Better yet, get rid of Adobe and install Gnash.

BTW there is a Firefox plugin that will make Youtube use HTML5 instead
of Flash.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com