Re: wget log from Jigdo

On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 23:06:29 +0000, Lisi wrote:

>My blind friend with his screen reader seems to have much less trouble with
>messy HTML than I (partially sighted) do.  His screen reader just reads it to
>him.  I stare at the mess of "pretty" colours and fancy writing, with
>blotches and swirls everywhere and don't know where to begin.

Of which we hear virtually nothing. Many of those blotches and swirls
we here as the word "graphic", and if the coder of said page was nice
enough, we'll here the alt-tag assigned to said graphic. Otherwise, we
get it very plain, which, to tell all you non-visually-impaired
majority out there ( :-) ), we like just fine! <ear-to-ear grin>. In
fact, and this is just a wee bit off-topic, something else you all
would love to know: we who receive magazines in special formats
(narrated, transcribed into braille) do *NOT* receive any of the
advertising the rest of you all have to plow through to find the
articles. It wasn't until the explosion of the Web as an advertisement
platform that people who relied on specially prepared reading
materials came to know just how much advertising is all around them,
and always has been, in standard print media. But on the flip side,
advertisers don't realize we're not gettin' their message, partially
because of undescribed graphics, but mostly because we just use our
down-arrow keys a lot and pass the ads right by!