Re: nfs problem [FIXED?]

On 01/02/2016 10:06 AM, Glenn English wrote:

Beats me, but it's working.

I modified the line in /etc/exports (all on one line) to:

/home/ghe/Finances 192.168.3.0/255.255.255.0(rw,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

That isn't exactly as suggested, but there were mild complaints about not having anything about subtree_check.

and in fstab on the client:

sbox.slsware.lan:/home/ghe/Finances
/home/ghe/Finances	nfs	user,nfsvers=3,exec,_netdev00

I'm thinking that 'nfsvers=3' might have done it, or maybe hand writing the export line containing the dotted quads for the IP/mask. Or maybe that I printed many pages of documentation. I really don't know; it just magically started working. I hate it when variables > 1.

Anyway, thank you all. I got my gnucash file in one place, on one server, but available to me everywhere on the LAN. And the next file will be a whole lot easier...

--
Glenn English