Re: Cups, Gutenprint, and Plain Text

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 11:16 AM, John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> wrote:
Ok, I installed Cups+Gutenprint on my server because Magicfilter doesn't
support my "new" printer.  After a struggle I have it printing pdfs both
locally and remotely.

Plain text, however, is too much for it.  With Magicfilter I just typed
"lpr filename" and everything just worked, whether the file was plain
text or pdf.  With Cups "lp filename" (lpr is gone) works fine for a pdf

Not that this is responsive to your question, but cups-bsd supplies /usr/bin/lpr

Patrick