Re: command not found

On Tuesday 15 December 2015 20:01:30 Richard Hector wrote:

> On 16/12/15 13:52, Bob Holtzman wrote:

> >> Check permissions on fetchmail. Your account may not be allowed
> >> to execute it.
> >
> > -rwx------ 1 holtzm holtzm 380 Oct 17 18:46 .fetchmailrc
> >
> > Looks good to me. All the answers I have gotten so far pin the
> > problem on permissions. Not so.
> >
> > Thanx to all that replied.
>
> Not .fetchmailrc - fetchmail. The executable: /usr/bin/fetchmail
>
> Richard

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 280000 May  3  2012 /usr/bin/fetchmail

I don't even own it, runs perfectly for me.  Its my understanding that
fetchmail does an suid to whomever calls it.
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Some mill pix are at:
Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene/GO704-pix>