Re: gufw problem

On 12/08/2015 09:20 PM, Francis Gerund wrote:
I am using the Gnome 3 "classic" desktop.

When I push the mouser pointer up into the hot-spot in the upper left
corner of the screen, a (sort of) oval pops up containing a magnifying
glass icon and the words "Type to search . . . ".  If I type in "gufw",
it just bluntly says "No results.".

But if I do ALT-F2, a window pops up saying "Enter a command".  If I
type in "gufw" there, Gufw starts up, and seems to work.

So, yes - it does start that way.

Glad to hear it.

Now, as to:
"What's wrong with just using a launcher anyway, if it comes up that way?",
maybe I am just autistic.  It just bothers me when things don't work
CORRECTLY.

I guess it just goes to show that for a lot of developers, it is more
fun to devise new "features" that "sort of" work than to fix errors and
deficiencies.

Sigh.

Check out this bug report:

There's a possible solution. Apparently the application's .desktop file has an entry in it that prevents it from showing in any desktop environment except Unity.

It's actually a "feature"??? How odd.