Re: [OT] Soliciting Advice on e-mail and web-hosting providers

On Monday 07 December 2015 00:25:17 Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> On 7/12/2015 12:16 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Obviously you don't trust your router.  Mine has been reflashed with
> > DD-WRT.  Nothing comes in that I don't let in.
>
> Sure, but that is assuming that DD-WRT is all good; which I would be
> confident about.  But it also means that those that are "let in",
> well, they'll interact with Apache and potentially there is a
> vulnerability there that DD-WRT can do nothing about.
>
> Cheers
> A.

I am not useing any apache2 module that has ever been exploited that I
know of.  And its running in a sandbox with pretty high restrictions on
security.  Even I have to jump thru a couple hoops just to add a new
item to my page.

Thanks Andrew.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)