Long neglected OS ... updating

Resurrecting a neglected OS, need a little coaching about the output
of `aptitude full-upgrade'.

I want to know if this output is fairly typical or what one might
expect after neglecting an OS a good while...  but mostly if going
ahead is likely to land my subpar skilled behind in hot water.

I've stripped the hefty lists of pkgs leaving only what I thought
would be enough for an experienced hand to be able to offer an
educated opinion if this looks like a problematic  `full-upgrade' or
if it is one to pursue.

  aptitude upgrade
    blah
    blah

,----
|  aptitude full-upgrade
|
| The following NEW packages will be installed:
| [...]
|  {141 pkgs}
|
| The following packages will be REMOVED:
| [...]
|  {76 pkgs}
|
| The following packages will be upgraded:
| [...]
|  {957 pkgs}
|
| The following packages are RECOMMENDED but will NOT be installed:
| [...]
|  { 19 pkgs}
|
| [...]
|
| The following packages have unmet dependencies:
|
|  liblognorm2 : Breaks: liblognorm0 but 0.3.7-1 is installed.
|  libsigc++-2.0-0v5 : Conflicts: libsigc++-2.0-0c2a but 2.4.1-1 is installed.
|  libxapian22v5 : Conflicts: libxapian22 but 1.2.21-1 is installed.
|  libcwidget3v5 : Conflicts: libcwidget3 but 0.5.17-2 is installed.
|  libtag1v5-vanilla : Breaks: libtag1-vanilla but 1.9.1-2.1 is installed.
|  libtag1v5 : Conflicts: libtag1c2a but 1.9.1-2.1 is installed.
|
| The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
|
|       Remove the following packages:
| 1)      aptitude
| 2)      liblognorm0
| 3)      libtag1-vanilla
| 4)      libtag1c2a
| 5)      synaptic
|
|       Keep the following packages at their current version:
| 6)      gstreamer0.10-plugins-good [Not Installed]
| 7)      libcwidget3v5 [Not Installed]
| 8)      libept1.4.16 [Not Installed]
| 9)      libsigc++-2.0-0v5 [Not Installed]
| 10)     libxapian22v5 [Not Installed]

NOTE: I'm a little puzzled at the above (6-10).  Seems to be a bit
of an oxymoron or something.

|       Leave the following dependencies unresolved:
| 11)     aptitude-common recommends aptitude
| 12)     task-lxde-desktop recommends synaptic
| 13)     iceweasel recommends gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
|
| Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]
`----

One thing bugging me is the idea of leaving the odd dependencies
unresolved (the last items 11, 12, 13)

Are there red flags in the above output that mean I need to do
preliminary work before `full-uptrade' ?