Re: Upgrade to Jessie lost all monitor resolutions except 1024x768

Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> writes:

> On Tue, 2015-12-01 at 16:39 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
>> "Now", as in Stretch and/or Sid? I searched in Jessie and failed to
>> discover
>> any available firmware-amd-graphics. Is another repo besides main and
>> updates
>> required? I booted same machine to Stretch, and neither package was
>> found.
>> And, Stretch is also using FBDEV, like OP here, and stuck in
>> 1280x1024 on a
>> 1680x1050 display, with libdrm-radeon1, xserver-xorg-video-ati and
>> xserver-xorg-video-radeon installed. ???
>>

> Sid and/or stretch, I don't recall exactly when the split was made.
>
> The clue is in the name, nonfree ;)

Ah yes. I knew I fixed it by installing firmware-linux-nonfree, as I
knew that pulled in the radeon firmware; I was unaware that it was split
in sid, and since I run sid on this laptop, I assumed that the split
that I found dated back to Jessie.

And you know what they say about assuming things... ;)

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.