Fwd: uprading from squeeze to jessie

There should be some outcome if you change your software sources from squeeze to jessie, but I doubt about the core files.
I read this in some other mail from the mailing list, which said to just change the software source and then run apt-get update followed by apt-get upgrade.
Also, some mail said about backing up your data and the booting from iso image is the way.
But make it sure before doing, as I have not done it practically yet!
Good luck!

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:
        Hi.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 11:39:07AM +0200, ikuzar RABE wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to upgrade my Debian 6 Squeeze to Debian 8 Jessie in ONE STEP... (bypassing upgrade from 6 to 7). I do not find any
> documentations for it.

And I doubt that there will be any. Such upgrade is unsupported.

Reco

--
Himanshu Shekhar
IIIT-Allahabad