Re: CPU slow after running web browser, any command to recover it back again soon?

On 07/11/2015 08:55 PM, David Wright wrote:
> Quoting Rodolfo Medina (rodolfo.medina@gmail.com):
>
>> I simply want to speed
>> up the natural process through which the machine itself gets back to working
>> normally as before, like someone that breaths with difficulty after a
>> tremendous scare and it takes time to get breathing normally again.  I was
>> asking if any command exists, to shorten that.  I though `sync' was it, but
>> isn't.
>
> sync merely flushes the buffers waiting to be written.

[...]
I once had a similar situation with a slow computer and found clearing
swap guaranteed nothing unneeded would remain.

Close the browser, then:
#swapoff -a && swapon -a

$ man swapoff   before you try this.  Your mileage may vary...

Have fun,
Ralph