Re: CPU slow after running web browser, any command to recover it back again soon?

Quoting Rodolfo Medina (rodolfo.medina@gmail.com):

> I simply want to speed
> up the natural process through which the machine itself gets back to working
> normally as before, like someone that breaths with difficulty after a
> tremendous scare and it takes time to get breathing normally again.  I was
> asking if any command exists, to shorten that.  I though `sync' was it, but
> isn't.

sync merely flushes the buffers waiting to be written.

top is a useful command. With browsers running on slow machines, you
want to look out for those cluttered webpages that keep doing things
behind your back like running flash. Also look for any plugin-container
processes. Similar problem.

Sometimes I can tell I've left one of these web pages open by the fan
starting or speeding up. top gives the game away.

Cheers,
David.