Re: YAGF is a seriously screwed package

On 20150710_1208-0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> John Hasler wrote:
> >Lisi writes:
> >>No, I disagree.  Mesdames is now fully accepted, and I would say expected,
> >>giving:
> >>Dear Sirs/Mesdames or even dear Mesdames/Sirs.
> >>Duck includes drake and mankind includes women.
> >Ok.  Let's settle on "Dear Peeps".
> >

> >Actually "Dear" when addressing strangers has always struck me as odd.
>
> I usually settle on "Hi Folks," or just "Folks," - that probably is
> inclusive enough to cover Martians and AIs....

Just "Hi," is definitely more inclusive than "Folks," in my opinion.
If you want to be more formal/pompous use "Honorable" instead of
"Dear" Really pompous and inclusive, consider

"Honorable Sentient Beings;"
I was taught in high school in 1953, that for formal letters, the
salutation is terminated with a semicolon, not a comma, which was
thought to be only suitable for informal communications.

Just "Hi," has the benefit of fewer key strokes. (;-)
And it's suitable even for an email addressed to single potted plant.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net