Re: can't disable Thinkpad touchpad

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 05:05:50PM -0500, David Wright wrote:

> I'm glad that synclient could do the job.

Yes, thanks David, the command is working nicely.

> When you're in X, and if you type Ctrl-Alt-F2, say, is the VC as
> screwed up as when you exit X with (I assume) Ctrl-Alt-Rubout.

Well, it turns out my messed up display when X server closed is due to a
bug in the i915 kernel module. A patch in June seems to address the
problem, and I believe it is applied in stable kernel 4.1.2. I
downloaded the kernel tarball and will attempt a compile. Never tried it
before, but should be do-able, even for me.