Re: Fetchmail may almost be working in pop3.

Bob Bernstein writes:
> what do you put in exim's config as the name of your smarthost?

dc_smarthost='smtp.suddenlink.net::587'

	I have figured out the first thing that is wrong but am
not sure how to fix it. When registering a user ID on
Suddenlink's email gateway, I had to pick a slightly different
version of the user name than is on the sending system because
martin@suddenlink.net was already taken. exim4 prepends the
local UID to the domain portion of mailname so the From: line is
martin@suddenlink.net. I even tried martin.m@suddenlink.net and
it predictably built martin@martin.m@suddenlink.net which is
understandable but wrong.

	The prepending of the local UID is autimatically done so
one can enter only the fqdn of the smarthost.

That's where things stand now.