Re: can't disable Thinkpad touchpad

On 07/10/2015 02:26 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jul 2015, Jape Person wrote:
One idea (maybe far-fetched) did occur to me. Are you using the
intel-microcode / iucode-tool (or the AMD alternative) for updating
the microcode at boot time? If so, I guess its remotely possible
that a fix in the microcode update is defeating your attempt at
turning the touchpad off

Meh, I've had weird things blamed on the *-microcode packages before,
but THAT is a new one :-)

Well, I did use the descriptions "far-fetched" and "remotely possible" . I couldn't help expressing the paranoia. I took my kids to see The Blob (original version) when I was a young adult. Blobs scare me -- maybe even more than they scare my kids.

8-(

You could also make sure that you're running the latest version of
the BIOS,

That's pretty much a non-optional rule for thinkpads, *especially*
recently lauched ones.  Keep your firmware up-to-date.

Tee-hee. Well at least I got one thing right.

Jape