Re: to be rude or not (was: YAGF is a seriously screwed package)

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

Agreed. FWIW I do agree with you 100% -- I just wanted to raise some compassio/understanding for the "perpetrators" (I'm probably one of them many times).

Oh no Tomas, compassion and understanding go right out the window when a militant's vital signs bump up a few points and she declares a microaggression emergency.

Thank God there are still among us some like the OP who don't scruple to always present FIRST a warm inclusive hand-holding persona that all will be comforted by. Clearly in his mind there are more important matters that need attention. The action he took (he filed the bug report as soon as it was suggested) spoke more to me than all the handwringing about why we "can't all just get along anymore."

Yes, he strikes me as probably a rough-hewn fellow, perhaps not my first choice for a partner when it comes time to spend a night finishing off a half-gallon of whiskey and solving the other problems of the world. BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT WE'RE HERE FOR.

--
"No matter how big the problem is, you can always run
away from it."