Re: YAGF is a seriously screwed package

On 10/07/2015, tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
[snipped]
>> I don't want to be a hero.
>
> But still you filed the bug :-)
[snipped]

Nothing to do with heroism, just self-interest. I use FOSS
exclusively. Maybe, twice a year, FineReader Sprint with Wine, that I
received with my Umax scanner. I believe in The Social Contract. Since
I use FOSS it is my responsibility and self-interest to further the
movement by feedback.

And I want to get rid of this last useful proprietary software from my
life. I don't use Macromedia Flash, despite my training in the
software, knowing that no replacement really exists.

I have tested OCRFeeder using Tesseract. The OCR is good, but doesn't
have the grammar checking ability of AbiWord to auto-predict words in
a sentence, thereby reducing errors. The front-end is nowhere near as
good as Abbyy, although the latter isn't very good either.

Still, I would get rid of Abbyy from my life.

It is just about choice, that's all.

Regards,
Rajib