Re: YAGF is a seriously screwed package

On Friday 10 July 2015 09:36:53 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 09:20:09AM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Friday 10 July 2015 06:33:44 Susmita/Rajib Bandopadhyay wrote:
> > > Dear Sirs,
> >
> > You'll get further if you don't start your posting being rude to half of
> > us.
>
> I was at first a bit shocked also: but on a second thought, I'm pretty
> certain that the post wasn't meant to be rude - just a kind of
> "language" (meant in a more informal way) issue.

No, it wasn't *meant* to be rude.  He was just rude as a matter of course,
quite casually, without even noticing.  Many men are casually rude to women.
That doesn't make it not rude.  This is an international, two or more gender,
list.

The whole tone of his letter was not such as to lead me to be as tolerant of
his rudeness as you.  But then it wasn't you he was rude to. ;-)  (Tomas is
normally a masculin name.)

Casual rudeness of this nature, however casual and linguistic, is
unacceptable.  And I don't object to "chairman"!

Lisi