Apparent resolution - was [Re: Connecting laptop to internet via cell network]

Dan Ritter wrote:
On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 03:08:04PM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

Visiting vendorS' websites and brick-n-mortar locationS I can find
many references to using with Windows(tm) &/or Apple(tm). I'm much
more interested in using with *DEBIAN*!
[snip]

T-Mobile doesn't sell any USB devices right now, but they
will happily sell you a cell modem with a standard wifi
interface. No weird drivers needed, should work with any Linux
box with a working wifi nic. I would not be surprised if there
was a Netgear USB modem that will work with their service,
though.

Actually they do - to a very close approximation {4G LTE HotSpot Z915}. As I stated in my original post; "I'm looking for a USB modem for cell network (preferred) or a WiFi hot spot (minimally acceptable)." When tethered by USB connection, *all* WiFi connectivity can be disabled.
That meets my functional needs, if not my expected operation.