Re: Free GNU/Linux intro class for teens advice? Purchase box? Squeak/Smalltalk programming

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 11:18:31AM -0400, Ralph Katz wrote:

> >> Probably not in Newton, MA.  Probably unnecessary, but there will be
> >> plenty of takers.
> >
> > The Newton resident (Miles) knows whereof he speaks.
> >
> > Bob Bernstein NSHS '62
> >

> I'm also a Newton resident but disagree on requiring a new computer
> purchase as prerequisite.  Keep it free, accessible, and fun.  Will you
> spend too much time on installation/configuration?

Can I suggest you mail Ken Starks and Reglue - linuxlock.blogspot.com -
who spends his time recycling laptops and desktops to give to underprivileged
youngsters and families - and training teens.

$350 is high enough ot put folks off

AndyC