(Solved)Re: Installing msttcorefonts without a (working) internet connection

On 07/05/2015 07:33 PM, Christian Seiler wrote:
> On 07/05/2015 12:22 PM, mudongliang wrote:
>> 2015-07-05 18:16:27 (57.2 KB/s) - Read error at byte 40290/198384
>> (Success). Giving up.
> So if your internet connection doesn't work properly when downloading
> the fonts in postinst, you can also install the fonts manually and
> you don't even need an internet connection during the postinst of the
> Debian package.
>
> You do need to have an internet connection at one point where you
> download the corresponding files. Please go to
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/corefonts/files/the%20fonts/final/
> and download the following files:
> andale32.exe
> arial32.exe
> arialb32.exe
> comic32.exe
> courie32.exe
> georgi32.exe
> impact32.exe
> times32.exe
> trebuc32.exe
> verdan32.exe
> webdin32.exe
>
> You can also do that from another computer where the download works
> and transfer them e.g. via USB stick.
>
> You should then put them in e.g. /usr/local/share/corefonts and then
> you can tell the ttf-mscorefonts-installer package where to find
> those fonts (as root, before installing ttf-mscorefonts-installer):
>
> echo "ttf-mscorefonts-installer msttcorefonts/dldir string /usr/local/share/corefonts" | debconf-set-selections
>
> (replace the directory by the one you chose)
>
> Then you can just install the ttf-mscorefonts-installer package and
> it will take the fonts from that directory instead of downloading
> them during postinst.
>
> If postinst of ttf-mscorefonts-installer already failed (like it did
> in your case), you can still do that debconf-set-selections line and
> just retry the installation of the package (e.g. via
> dpkg --configure -pending).
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Christian

A moment ago, I tried to download those exe files with my phone which
did use the network of my university!
My phone downloaded it! It's a magic!
Now I am really sure about the problem!
You're a kind man! Thank you for telling me this method!
    - mudongliang